VP US Commercial Operations
Biocartis NV / Email: HR@biocartis.com
- Function Type
- Experience Required
Minimum 5 years of leading a larger sales organization in related industry;
Knowledge of the diagnostic market is required, preferably molecular diagnostics and/or pathology;
Experience with FDA is an asset;
Experience in pathology market is a plus.
Master degree in a scientific and/or business orientation
- Functional Area
- Travel Percentage
Purpose of the position:
- The objective of the VP US Commercial Operations is to fully exploit and develop Biocartis’ market opportunities into a successful and growing business.
- The VP US Commercial Operations is responsible for setting up and maintaining the US legal entity for Biocartis in accordance with local legislation and regulatory requirements.
- He/She is also responsible for maintaining and building upon strong relationships with the company’s distribution partner, key customers and other important stakeholders locally.
- In accordance with the Biocartis Business Plan, the VP US Commercial Operations has the responsibility to recruit and retain a strong local team with the proper competencies to secure sufficient level of sales skills, application and service support as well as administration to live up to Biocartis’ corporate standards and values.
The VP US Operations is part of the Sell sphere.
A successful VP US Commercial Operations will focus on growing sales, improving cash flow, profitability and other relevant business metrics according to agreed-upon business plans.
All US subsidiary processes including financial, regulatory, quality, logistical, sales and support in line with local regulations and Biocartis’ guidelines.
- Setting up the subsidiary in accordance with local legislations and regulatory requirements;
- Securing a proper launch plan of the Idylla system in the US by securing sales readiness by recruitment and development of needed competencies at the local level with regards to quality systems, service, application support and sales;
- Ensure smooth implementation of administrative and logistical procedures in collaboration with headquarter functions;
- Liaison with US authorities as needed;
- Ensure appropriate business planning processes (strategic and tactical) together with distribution partner by sales territory, review and follow up on agreed upon action plans with strong focus on large accounts;
- Drive sales by close involvement in planning and execution of territory plans;
- Full P&L responsibility for the US business;
- Monthly Sales reporting;
- Quarterly business reviews;
- CRM system compliance;
- Annual business planning and budgeting;
- Responsible for development and coaching of future staff;
- Ensure good relations with peers and other colleagues from Biocartis;
- Secure high customer satisfaction and reach/exceed service level target;
- Financial Responsibilities and Power of Authorization/Power of Attorney:
- Sign tenders/quotations/contracts within agreed upon financial limits
- Accountable for reaching/exceeding agreed upon sales & profitability targets
Profile & Competencies:
- Master degree in a scientific and/or business orientation;
- Minimum 5 years of leading a larger sales organization in related industry;
- Knowledge of the diagnostic market is required, preferably molecular diagnostics and/or pathology;
- Experience with FDA is an asset;
- Experience in pathology market is a plus;
- Analytical and business focused;
- Ability to deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations; stress resilient;
- Ability to deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a growing organization;
- Experience in setting up an effective legal entity;
- Result driven – competitive mindset, committed and follows through;
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of business plans and strategies (turning these into action);
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both written and oral;
- You are a generalist with strong leadership skills in combination with the ability to make an impact;
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to build a business from scratch;
- High integrity and professional ethics;
- Passionate, strive to make a difference;
- True team player and hands-on mindset;
- Thrives in a changing and innovative environment;
- Willing to travel extensively (80%);
- Perfect English; any other language is an asset;
- MS Office; CRM software.
Biocartis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Biocartis complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Biocartis in the U.S.
Please apply by e-mail and send your CV and motivational letter to HR@biocartis.com using the job ID 2016050 as a reference.
Deadline for applications is 9 January 2017.